Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Tina Kugler ROCKS!

The uncolored Stumpjack

Ok, I've been meaning to post about this for a week now, but haven't had the time to write the kind of post I want to write...and even now I have to skedaddle, but I have to get something in about this now even if it is just a brief prelude to a lengthier musing. Tina Kugler, who along with her husband Carson ran the former Tweedle Bros. Children's Bookshop ultrafun store in Manitowoc, rendered her version of the Stumpjack critter for us. It is SO cool!

Stumpjack colored by Tina Kugler herself.

Tina drew the beastie as a coloring page for kids (young or older...I've colored three so far), and we'll be printing a bunch off to have available at the Stump soon. I don't have time to ramble on about all I want to about this, but please go here to visit one of Tina's blogs (Tina Kugler Illustration) and down to her Friday, March 28th post to see and read a little about it. Then, keep rolling through all of her posts and you will thoroughly enjoy her art and her wit (visit her other site, The Tina Show, as well...links over in the right hand column right here). I have long enjoyed and appreciated Tina's work and sense of humor, but her rendition of our mascot has me totally enchanted and made me an even bigger fan.