Monday, June 16, 2008

Open Monday mornings/Coffee Column

Open this summer on Mondays 8:00a.m. - Noon
FYI: We're going to be fiddling with our hours a bit for this summer (yes, we'll likely be using the term "summer hours" in signage somewhere). Haven't entirely settled on everything yet, but one thing we will be doing is opening Monday mornings from 8:00 until around noon. Cheyenne will be running the shop while I'm busy doing other maintenance work.

Last Week Wednesday, June 11, the Herald Times Reporter published the first installment of my coffee column. We've received a truckload of very kind responses and comments on it, that are much appreciated. The HTR is calling the column "Spill the Beans"...a bit clichéd but serviceable nonetheless. The column will be published twice a month with half of columns being written by me and the other half coming from a small pool of other good folks.

You can click the image above to enlarge or go directly to the HTR site online to read it: http://www.htrnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080611/MAN04/806110535/-1/archive

I would ask a favor of you: if you do read the articles at the HTR online site please leave a comment at the bottom of the page with your thoughts (for this and future "Spill the Beans" columns by me or the other writers). While a lot of people have been very vocal about the column to me personally, the HTR would also like to know what people think, and your feedback will help keep the thing going and may even shape what is discussed in the column.

3 comments:

tina kugler said...

nice column.
however i loathe that they ALWAYS use stock illustrations. i mean, look at that.

David said...

I'm with you there. I understand why they do (time and ease of use), but wouldn't it just be extra cool to have something eye catchingly unique...a photo of the outside of a local café or Stumpjack mugs being held by a group of rugged commercial fishermen while out on the boat in the early morning sun...yes!

Maria said...

What open on Monday! – and only for the same hours that I have to work?

Do you hate me, are you trying to torture me! It was bad enough knowing that I couldn’t get a good drink and yummy bakery until Wednesday – and now you are open when I can’t even get there!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! What did I do to deserve all this punishment? I’m sure I’ve already paid the price for the fisticuffs with the nun.

See you all on Wednesday. And good luck with those Monday a.m. hours – I hope your freakin’ packed and can’t keep up with business, and you sweat buckets……….there. :)