Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Still just a puppy...

I was intending to open the shop today (we could use the money) but have decided against it as there is still so much to do here, so many little odds & ends, and I need a day of doing things at my own pace and without interruption. I've been meaning to get this blog going for months now, along with our web site, but have just not been willing to make it the priority it needs to be, what with so many other tasks that still need attention. But today I'm just saying "screw it" to fretting over everything else...today I'm going to lie on the couch in back, in the semi-darkness and just relax for a few hours, drink some Guatemalan, get the blog set up and maybe put together my book outline. These 17-hour workdays are starting to take their toll on my mental and physical health, and Tuesdays are, afterall, "Open By Chance" days. Might even take a short nap...

Today is Kim's and my anniversary. She's at a food manager's course right now and I'm here at the Stump, ostensibly working. We'll get away for a day and night next week. Maybe take a night at the Blacksmith Inn up in Baileys Harbor, where we spent our second honeymoon (or the first, depending on how you look at it...long story). A modest getaway but relaxing, picturesque and much appreciated. And tomorrow's my birthday, which is a full workday besides. No complaints...long hours and little time off come with the commitment of starting any business seriously, and I'll get into that more thoroughly in succeeding entries.

But for now, I'm horizontal, listening to the King Dexter All-Stars, drinking good coffee with a warm laptop on my belly...and am actually getting something done. Let's see how this initial effort appears on the screen...

No comments: