- A few of the coffees we have available right now include:
Zimbabwe - An earthy acidity; full-bodied with a nice weightiness in the mouth; some nice spicy notes in the aftertaste.
Puerto Rico - An incredibly smooth, low acid cup; fully balanced and weighty in the mouth; rich, sweet notes with a lovely, lingering aftertaste. A gorgeous coffee in every respect.
Kenya Blend - Silky in the mouth with light, leafy sweetness and gentle herbal aroma; Kenya’s bright tartness is smoothed out in this blend, creating a beautifully balanced cup.
- Marcella, a four-piece alternative/jazz group out of Milwaukee will be playing at Stumpjack on Saturday, February 10th, and Happenstance, a female folk duo, will be here on Saturday, February 17th. More info to follow, but you can check out Marcella online at www.marcellamusic.com.
- The art of Wade Marks (ultra cool band poster art) will be on display from February 10 through March 31, with an opening reception yet to be announced. More info on this to follow as well. This guy's got the chops...stay tuned.
- Next Stumpjack Book Club meeting to be Thursday, February 15th at 6:30 p.m.. This month's book is The Memory Keepers Daughter by Kim Edwards. Sign up at the Stump if you want to participate so we know how many to expect.
- Our newest sig drink that we're testing: the Mexican Jumping Bean. It's spicy, hot, sweet, and attractive...just like Kim (or "Rita," as she's becoming to be known as). Come on in and give it a try.
- CoffeeFest in Chicago in around four weeks. We'll be there...training, soaking up info and ideas, watching the Regional Barista Competition, catching a show and eating some good food in Chi-town.